Maldives has guaranteed its target of 15 medals at the ongoing Indian Ocean Island Games (IOIG).
The target of 15 medals set out by the Sports Minister Ahmed Mahloof and the Olympic Committee was achieved when Maldivian players Aishath Rafaa Nazim and Dheema Ali qualified to the finals of the singles table tennis event.
The Maldives did not win the 10 medal target it set out to achieve and came short of just one medal when it won 9 medals at the last Indian Ocean Island Games in 2015.
The Maldives has had a stunning run in the games this year with four gold medals in the bag so far, three of them won in the table tennis event.
Medals won by the Maldives at this years IOIG:
1) Table tennis women's category team event (Gold medal) - Aishath Rafaa Nazim, Dheema Ali, Mueena Mohamed, Jumana Nimaal
2) Beach Volley Team Event (Silver medal)
3) Badminton Women's Event (Bronze Medal)
4) Badminton Men's Event (Bronze Medal)
5) Table Tennis Women's Doubles Event (Silver Medal) - Mueena Mohamed, Jumana Nimaal
6) Table Tennis Women's Doubles Event (Gold Medal) - Aishath Rafaa Nazim, Dheema Ali
7) Athletics Men's 200-meter running event (Bronze Medal) - Hassan Saaidh
8) Para 100 meter running event (Bronze Medal) - Mohamed Mazin
9) 4x100 meter relay (Bronze Medal) - Hassan Saaidh, Ibrahim Ashfan Ali (Appi), Sarees Ahmed, Nujoom Hassan
10) Badminton Women's Double Event (Silver Medal) - Aiminath Nabeeha and Fathimath Nabaha
11) Badminton Women's Singles Event (Gold Medal) - Aiminath Nabeeha
12) Badminton Mix Double Event (Bronze Medal) - Mohamed Ajufaan Rasheed, Maisa Fathuhullah
13) Beach Volleyball Individual Event (Bronze Medal) - Shiunaz Abdul Wahid (Mankey), Adam Naseer
14) Table Tennis Women's Single (Gold Medal) - Dheema Ali
15) Table Tennis Women's Single (Gold Medal) - Aishath Rafaa
Maldivian athletes who took part at IOIG are scheduled to return to the Maldives tomorrow.