A fire broke out in a home in the Machangolhi district of Male’ City on Thursday, prompting an evacuation.
The incident took place on the ground floor of Ma. Ahiyaa Gulshan, located next to the Redberry Store on Chaandhanee Magu, around 09:30 am.
Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF) said firefighters were immediately dispatched to respond to the fire.
However, the fire had already been put out when the firefighters arrived at the scene.
The risk of smoke inhalation promoted the MNDF to order an evacuation of the building.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
According to the MNDF, the fire originated from the D-board on the ground floor of the house.
The extent of the damage is unclear at this point.