An aerial view of Male' City.
Applicants whose land and flat forms contain missing or inconsistent information will be given seven calendar days to submit additional documents, the Housing Ministry announced on Saturday.
In a statement, the ministry said verification of all Housing for All applications is underway. Any discrepancies between the information provided in the form and records obtained from government agencies and councils will be flagged through the online housing portal. Applicants will receive SMS alerts to the mobile number used during form submission whenever new issues are posted on the portal.
If an applicant disagrees with the notice issued through the portal or needs to correct information, they will have seven days to upload clarifications and supporting documents. Applications that are not rectified within the given timeframe will be deemed incomplete or ineligible, the ministry said.
The ministry stressed that all responses must be submitted exclusively through the housing portal, and that submissions via email, letters or any other channels will not be accepted at this stage.
Cross-verification of applications began on June 22, with the ministry reviewing records held by various government agencies as part of the process.
A total of 58,505 applications have been submitted under the Housing for All policy, 35,930 for flats and 22,575 for land. The government plans to allocate 7,900 flats and 15,000 land plots of 1,250 acres under the scheme.
The President has previously stated that the list of flat recipients will be announced within this year.