An aerial shot of the Hiyaa housing project in Hulhumale'. (Photo/HDC)
The permanent list of recipients of land and flats under the government’s Housing for All scheme will be announced in mid-December this year, Housing Ministry State Minister Ahmed Nazim Mohamed has said.
A total of 58,505 applications were submitted under the scheme, 35,930 for flats and 22,575 for land.
The Housing Ministry said Saturday that applicants whose forms contain issues or missing information will be given seven days to submit additional documents and complete their applications. Verification of all forms is underway, and any discrepancies between the information provided and records obtained from government agencies and councils will be flagged through the Housing Portal.
Speaking on state media’s Raajje Miadhu programme, Nazim said the evaluation process is on track to finish by early December. He said the ministry expects to announce the permanent list of flat and land recipients by mid-December.
“We will announce the permanent list of flat recipients and land recipients as scheduled. As the evaluation progresses, we will also share information about locations and other details with the public,” Nazim said.
Nazim urged applicants to cooperate with the ministry to ensure the list can be released in December. He asked people to report any discrepancies through the portal and correct them promptly. He said all communication related to cross-verification will continue to be issued through the portal.
Under the Housing for All scheme, the government plans to allocate 7,900 flats and 15,000 land plots across 1,250 sqft.
The President has previously stated that the list of flat recipients will be announced within this year.