Ungoofaaru teens electrocuted while playing in a puddle

Two teenagers got electrocuted on Thursday, while playing in a puddle near a public park in R. Ungoofaaru.

The incident was reported to the police at around 01:30 pm.

According to the police, the two teenagers – an 18-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl – were playing in a puddle next to a street light outside the children’s park in the island when they got electrocuted.

A third teenager – a 14-year-old boy – fainted upon witnessing the incident.

All three are being treated at the Ungoofaaru Regional Hospital.

The hospital has not disclosed any details regarding their condition, other than to say that the two electrocuted teens were receiving emergency treatment.

The incident is under investigation by the police.