Death of IGMH nurse: Husband’s lover remanded in custody for 15 days

Marvin, the husband of IGMH Nurse Mary Grace who died under suspicious circumstances captured next to his lover, a Maldivian nurse working at IGMH, Haleemath Lamha.

Maldives Police Service has stated that the Maldivian nurse, Haleemath Lamha, has been remanded in custody for 15 days.

Lamha, who is the lover of Marvin, the husband of Mary Grace, a Filipino nurse at Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH) who died under suspicious circumstances – was arrested in connection to Mary’s death under a court order yesterday.

The Police said that when brought before the Court for a remand hearing – Lamha was remanded in police custody for 15 days.

The death of Mary Grace on October 19 was initially reported by her husband as a case of suicide by hanging.

Her dead body was taken to the hospital by Marvin – moments after she had gone home for break whilst on duty.

According to a credible source, the husband initially told the hospital staff that his wife committed suicide by hanging herself, and then later changed his story and said that she suddenly collapsed.    

The police found the death suspicious, and opened an investigation into the case. 

Marvin was arrested in connection to death on October 27.

After conducting an autopsy on Mary’s body, the Police announced that they do not believe Mary died of suicide by hanging, and that the postmortem examination revealed the cause of death to be blunt injuries. 

Lamha is also a nurse, working at IGMH’s Emergency Room.

As per information received from a credible source – some co-workers were aware of the affair between Marvin and Lamha. Altercations have reportedly occurred between Mary and Lamha over the affair, prior to Mary’s death.

It is said that Marvin and Lamha were very open about their affair.

In an interview given to Sun prior to this, Lamha confirmed the affair between her and Marvin – adding that both of them ended the affair, a day prior to Mary’s death. However, she said that following Mary’s death, they decided to resume their romantic relationship.

The Police have attempted to arrest Lamha prior to this as well. Their efforts in this avenue, however, were unsuccessful due the lack of evidence.

Days after Mary’s death, Lamha’s phone was seized by the Police for investigative purposes as well.

During Lamha’s interview, she confirmed that on the day Mary had died, she was babysitting Mary and Marvin’s child. However, she stressed that she did not enter the couple’s house on that day.