13 individuals were conferred the special medial for memorizing the Holy Quran and 52 were conferred the President's Award for Special Achievement on Friday night.
The awards were presented to the recipients by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih during the official function held to mark Republic Day at Dharubaaruge.
The 13 individuals awarded special medal for memorizing the Holy Quran at the highest level included six-year-old Aman Ahmed from B. Hithaadhoo.
Recipients of special medal for memorizing the Holy Quran at the highest level:
1. Al-Hafiza Fathimath Fauziyya
2. Al-Hafiza Shifa Binth Abdulla Hameed
3. Al-Hafiz Hoodh Mohamed Ali
4. Al-Hafiz Mohamed Anees Hussain
5. Al-Hafiza Safiyya Ali Didi
6. Al-Hafiz Mohamed Falaah Solih
7. Al-Hafiz Abdullah Bin Imjad
8. Al-Hafiza Fathimath Hassan
9. Al-Hafiz Mohamed Aydhin Najmee
10. Al-Hafiz Abdul Baasith Saleem
11. Al-Hafiz Ammar Bin Ibrahim
12. Al-Hafiza Mariyam Naisam Saeed
13. Al-Hafiz Aman Ahmed Athif
52 individuals that received the President's Award for Special Achievement included nine individuals for their achievements in attaining an MQA Level 10 qualification and publishing their research in an international journal, and 41 individuals for their achievements in the completion of their Level 7, 8 or 9 qualifications.
Recipients of this year’s awards also included an individual recognized for his skill, creativity and innovation that contributed towards national development – which had only been open to youth who attain exceptional achievements by applying their skills and talent.
An award was also presented to an organization for its contributions to excelling in human resource development in the tourism sector – one which was added by the president to mark the 50th anniversary of tourism in the Maldives.
Speaking at the ceremony, President Solih offered his congratulations to all winners of the President's Awards and Special Medals.
The recipients of these awards are selected by the Special Award Committee formed for the purpose.