Elly is not a new name for people who are active on Social Media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook. She has caught the eyes of many Maldivians with her talents for performing arts, especially singing.
She has sung in competitions and her parents upload clips of her singing various songs to social media. Many have shared those videos and applauded the talents she has shown at such a young age. So we decided to ask her a few questions and here we share the answers she shared with us. Let’s go;
1. Hello Elly. Lets introduce yourself for the first thing. What is your name and age?
Laiba Ahmed Mahloof, 7 years
2. What is your favorite hobby and something you do to pass time?
I listen to songs, paint, hang out with family
3. What do you want to become when you grow up?
Teacher and a performing artist
4. Why did you choose to become a teacher?
I have always wanted to help others and I think teaching can be one of the best ways to help someone else.
5. What made you grow interested in performing arts (singing, dancing, acting) ?
Don’t know exactly. But my parents show me my videos of me singing even when I was 2 years old. I think it’s a passion that grew around me.
6. What type of songs do you like to sing?
English, Dhivehi and Hindi.
7. Do you practice to improve your skills?
Yes. I practice on my own and try to do my best. Also I get help from a trainer
8. Many people follow the videos your parents upload to social media. What are the comments that you get from your friends and family for the videos?
I feel very happy to see the comments. Sometimes my parents show it to me. Also very happy to see other kids doing so well and to see them trying.
9. Your family is very supportive to improve your talents. What type of help do you get from them?
My parents always tell me to sing if I only want to. So it is always upto me to decide. They have been very helpful from the start and I’m lucky to have them right by me.
10. What is the highest point you want to reach in this career?
I don’t know. I’m too young to say anything about a career. Let’s see where this goes.
11. What is your favorite song and who is your favorite singer?
Count me in by Dove Cameron and she is my favorite singer.
12. Do you try to copy the style of other singers?
Yes. but when I grow up I want to have my own style
13. There are many kids who want to be singers in the future. What do you want to say to them?
Everyone can. Just keep trying and listen to your trainers and parents
Good luck Elly and Thank you for being part of this interview.
We wish nothing but success to this young multi-talented artist. We hope to see her on this field in the coming years. Let’s hope that she will keep on giving us songs to enjoy. Hope our readers got a glimpse of what Elly is like.