Advertisement

Israeli truce violations kill eight across Lebanon, including attack on Palestinian refugee camp

In just a year of truce, Lebanese and UN sources report Israel violated the ceasefire over 10,000 times. (Photo/Reuters)

Israeli strikes on the Lebanon east and south have killed at least eight people, Beirut said.

According to the state-run National News Agency, Israeli strikes in the eastern Bekaa Valley resulted in an initial toll of six dead and more than 25 wounded, who were taken to hospitals across the region.

The agency reported "heavy strikes" in several locations, including a raid on a building in Riyak.

Israel’s army claimed it struck "Hezbollah command centres" in the Baalbek area.

Hours earlier, an Israeli strike on the Ain al-Helweh Palestinian refugee camp near the southern city of Sidon killed two people.

The National News Agency said "an Israeli drone" targeted a neighbourhood inside the densely populated camp.

In a statement, the Israeli army claimed it struck a Hamas command centre.

Hamas, however, condemned the attack, saying it caused "civilian" casualties and rejecting Israel’s claims as "flimsy pretexts".

The resistance group said the targeted building belonged to a joint security force responsible for maintaining order in the camp.

Israel repeatedly breaches truce

Israel has continued to carry out strikes in Lebanon despite a November 2024 ceasefire with Hezbollah.

In just a year of truce, Lebanese and UN sources report Israel violated the ceasefire over 10,000 times, including more than 7,500 airspace violations and 2,500 ground violations.

In Gaza, Israel violated the ceasefire agreement 1,620 times, killing at least 573 people and wounding 1,553 since it came in effect in October last year, Gaza’s Government Media Office reported on February 10.

___

Source: TRT

Advertisement
Comment