Fire erupts at a shop on Chaandhanee Magu

A fire was started at shop in Chaandhanee Magu last night. The fire was at the shop “Slippers”.

Owner of the shop, Moosa Nizaar told Sun Media that he believes that the fire broke out due to an electrical short. He also said that the shop has a large amount of sponge used to make sofas.

The shop is at a building where the construction of the building is not complete yet. While the whole building lost electricity after the incident, people live on three floors of the building.

Moments after the fire broke out, MNDF Fire and Rescue controlled the fire.

No one was injured in the fire.